Dean of the Institute for Advanced Study
Distinguished Professor, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
Specialized Fields :
Bachelor of Engineering, Kyushu University
Master of Engineering, Kyushu University
Completed the doctoral program without a doctoral degree of doctoral program in Engineering, Kyushu University
Doctor of Engineering, Kyushu University
Assistant Professor of Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
Associate Professor of Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
|March 1996~January 1997|
Visiting researcher of The French Aerospace Lab.
Associate Professor of Graduate school of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
Associate Professor of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
Professor of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
Distinguished Professor of Kyushu University
Director of Center of Plasma Nano-interface Engineering
|April 2018~March 2021|
Dean of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering of Kyushu University
Director of Quantum and Photonics Technology Research Center
Dean of Institute for Advanced Study, Kyushu University
Fellow of The Japan Society of Applied Physics
Plasma Material Science Award
Plasma Electronics Award
- C. Suriyasak, K. Hatanaka, H. Tanaka, T. Okumura, D. Yamashita, P. Attri, K. Koga, M. Shiratani, N. Hamaoka, Y. Ishibashi, Alterations of DNA Methylation Caused by Cold Plasma Treatment Restore Delayed Germination of Heat-Stressed Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Seeds, ACS Agricultural Science & Technology 1 (1), 5-10 (2021).
- N. Itagaki, Y. Nakamura, R. Narishige, K. Takeda, K. Kamataki, K. Koga, Growth of single crystalline films on lattice-mismatched substrates through 3D to 2D mode transition, Scientific reports 10 (1), 1-10 (2020).
- S. Toko, S. Tanida, K. Koga, M. Shiratani, Low-Pressure Methanation of CO2 Using a Plasma–Catalyst System, Science of Advanced Materials 10 (8), 1087-1090 (2018).
- N. Puač, M. Gherardi, M. Shiratani, Plasma agriculture: A rapidly emerging field, Plasma Processes and Polymers 15 (2), 1700174 (2018).
- M. Ito, J.S. Oh, T. Ohta, M. Shiratani, M. Hori, Current status and future prospects of agricultural applications using atmospheric‐pressure plasma technologies, Plasma Processes and Polymers 15 (2), 1700073 (2018).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Iwashita, G. Uchida, N. Itagaki, K. Kamataki, Nano-factories in plasma: present status and outlook, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 44 (17), 174038 (2011).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Iwashita, S. Nunomura, Rapid transport of nano-particles having a fractional elementary charge on average in capacitively-coupled rf discharges by amplitude-modulating discharge voltage, Faraday discussions 137, 127-138 (2008).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Ando, T. Inoue, Y. Watanabe, S. Nunomura, Single step method to deposit Si quantum dot films using H2+ SiH4 VHF discharges and electron mobility in a Si quantum dot solar cell, Surface and Coatings Technology 201 (9-11), 5468-5471 (2007).
- M. Shiratani, J. Jolly, H. Videlot, J. Perrin, Surface reaction kinetics of CH3 in CH4 RF discharge studied by time-resolved threshold ionization mass spectrometry, Japanese journal of applied physics 36 (7S), 4752 (1997).
- Y. Watanabe, M. Shiratani, Y. Kubo, I. Ogawa, S. Ogi, Effects of low‐frequency modulation on rf discharge chemical vapor deposition, Applied physics letters 53 (14), 1263-1265 (1988).