Dean of the Institute for Advanced Study
Distinguished Professor, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
- March 1983
- Bachelor of Engineering, Kyushu University
- March 1985
- Master of Engineering, Kyushu University
- March 1988
- Completed the doctoral program without a doctoral degree of doctoral program in Engineering, Kyushu University
- April 1990
- Doctor of Engineering, Kyushu University
- April 1988
- Assistant Professor of Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
- August 1990
- Associate Professor of Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
- March 1996~January 1997
- Visiting researcher of The French Aerospace Lab.
- May 1996
- Associate Professor of Graduate school of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
- April 2000
- Associate Professor of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
- February 2006
- Professor of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University
- October 2009
- Distinguished Professor of Kyushu University
- October 2010
- Director of Center of Plasma Nano-interface Engineering
- April 2018~March 2021
- Dean of Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering of Kyushu University
- April 2020
- Director of Quantum and Photonics Technology Research Center
- April 2021
- Dean of Institute for Advanced Study, Kyushu University
- F.Y. 2013
- Fellow of The Japan Society of Applied Physics
- F.Y. 2015
- Plasma Material Science Award
- F.Y. 2016
- Plasma Electronics Award
- C. Suriyasak, K. Hatanaka, H. Tanaka, T. Okumura, D. Yamashita, P. Attri, K. Koga, M. Shiratani, N. Hamaoka, Y. Ishibashi, Alterations of DNA Methylation Caused by Cold Plasma Treatment Restore Delayed Germination of Heat-Stressed Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Seeds, ACS Agricultural Science & Technology 1 (1), 5-10 (2021).
- N. Itagaki, Y. Nakamura, R. Narishige, K. Takeda, K. Kamataki, K. Koga, Growth of single crystalline films on lattice-mismatched substrates through 3D to 2D mode transition, Scientific reports 10 (1), 1-10 (2020).
- S. Toko, S. Tanida, K. Koga, M. Shiratani, Low-Pressure Methanation of CO2 Using a Plasma–Catalyst System, Science of Advanced Materials 10 (8), 1087-1090 (2018).
- N. Puač, M. Gherardi, M. Shiratani, Plasma agriculture: A rapidly emerging field, Plasma Processes and Polymers 15 (2), 1700174 (2018).
- M. Ito, J.S. Oh, T. Ohta, M. Shiratani, M. Hori, Current status and future prospects of agricultural applications using atmospheric‐pressure plasma technologies, Plasma Processes and Polymers 15 (2), 1700073 (2018).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Iwashita, G. Uchida, N. Itagaki, K. Kamataki, Nano-factories in plasma: present status and outlook, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 44 (17), 174038 (2011).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Iwashita, S. Nunomura, Rapid transport of nano-particles having a fractional elementary charge on average in capacitively-coupled rf discharges by amplitude-modulating discharge voltage, Faraday discussions 137, 127-138 (2008).
- M. Shiratani, K. Koga, S. Ando, T. Inoue, Y. Watanabe, S. Nunomura, Single step method to deposit Si quantum dot films using H2+ SiH4 VHF discharges and electron mobility in a Si quantum dot solar cell, Surface and Coatings Technology 201 (9-11), 5468-5471 (2007).
- M. Shiratani, J. Jolly, H. Videlot, J. Perrin, Surface reaction kinetics of CH3 in CH4 RF discharge studied by time-resolved threshold ionization mass spectrometry, Japanese journal of applied physics 36 (7S), 4752 (1997).
- Y. Watanabe, M. Shiratani, Y. Kubo, I. Ogawa, S. Ogi, Effects of low‐frequency modulation on rf discharge chemical vapor deposition, Applied physics letters 53 (14), 1263-1265 (1988).